Views
Helpful
Replies

SourceFire Updates

Bab L
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

The company I work for has SourceFire Defence centre 3000 with sensors on 4 different sites.

The current version is 4.10.3.4 on Defence Centre.

Can I upgrade to the latest version? 5.xxx or is this only to new devices?

Also, can someone advise what is the S3 patches? One of the devices requires S3 patches but others dont.

I'm new ro AourceFire and I just need to put an update plan together.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The current FireSIGHT Management Center software (5.4) is generally applicable to most appliances, including the DC3000. The release notes list the specific models that are supported.

You will need to upgrade is steps vs. going directly to the latest version. Moving from 4.x to 5.2 requires reimage. Reference.

S3 patches apply to Series 3 sensors and appliances. Older ones are Series 2 and do not require those patches.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The current FireSIGHT Management Center software (5.4) is generally applicable to most appliances, including the DC3000. The release notes list the specific models that are supported.

You will need to upgrade is steps vs. going directly to the latest version. Moving from 4.x to 5.2 requires reimage. Reference.

S3 patches apply to Series 3 sensors and appliances. Older ones are Series 2 and do not require those patches.

Thanks Marvin.

Much appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card