Views
Helpful
Replies

SSM-10 Not downloading signatures from AutoUpdate

aveasystems
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

I have an ASA with a SSM-10 installed and a trial subscription for the IPS module. The license is valid, however I am not getting signature downloads and I get the error below. The IPS version is 7.1(9)E4. I have the external port of the module configured on the internal network on the same subnet as everything else. There is nothing fancy going on in terms of setup. The WAN port is DHCP and routing was set using the setroute command. Everything on the network is running fine and the SSM is processing packets. Where am I going wrong?  Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

cisco.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Auto update has been turned off at the Cisco end some time ago for these long-since end of sales IPS modules. For now you have to download the updates yourself and then upload them to the module. (See the readme for instructions.). Even signature updates will be no longer published as of April 2018. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Auto update has been turned off at the Cisco end some time ago for these long-since end of sales IPS modules. For now you have to download the updates yourself and then upload them to the module. (See the readme for instructions.). Even signature updates will be no longer published as of April 2018. 

That would explain it! Thank you for your assistance!!!

Marvin,

May I ask you a follow up question? Is there a way to do bulk signature updates? So I now have a folder full of all the updates since 814.0 and manually updating each one is a pain. If it is smart enough to grab what it needs from the web.....one would assume its smart enough to do that from a local folder in IDM?

Thanks again!

The updates are cumulative - i.e. you only need to install the latest one (currently S1003 from 12 December 2017).

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283308319&flowid=32602&softwareid=282549755&release=S1003&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Thank you very much!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card