Views
Helpful
Replies

Startup Time

ssan239
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

May i know what is Start Up time in FTD. Is it not same as the uptime?

I can see Uptime, failover time and startup time. Uptime means since the time the device is up. Failover time is when the last failover. What is start up time. Please help.

Regards,

Sanjay S

6 Replies 6

@ssan239 the startup time would be exact date and time the device booted, the uptime would be the number of days/hours/minutes/seconds the devices has been up for.

Thanks @rob so boot time and uptime is different. One of our device booted yesterday without reason. I dont see any crash file, nothing.  Uptime looks to be an year and above. Is there any other reason why the FTD could just boot? bug or something?

Regards,

Sanjay S

@ssan239 It could well be a bug, but you don't provide any information on the hardware or software versions in use. Perhaps refer to this guide to troubleshoot FTD unexpected reloads - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/adaptive-security-appliance-asa-software/217663-troubleshoot-asa-or-ftd-unexpected-reloa.html

If that doesn't help, call TAC.

I will check this 

That would most likely be caused by a software bug, and sometimes it could be difficult to TAC to find out the exact root cause. Cisco are pushing the customers to upgrade to version 7.2.4 and they are offering help to do the upgrade with the help of TAC.

show ver <<- can you share this 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card