cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

STS Tunnel Setup in between Cisco ASA and Sonicwall Firewall.

Adley Francois
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts:

I need an assistance in order to setup STS tunnel in between Cisco and Sonicwall Firewall. The Phase 1 is up but the local IP Natted with Public IP's over the STS Tunnel not being communicated with eact other. Take a look the following config:

Cisco:

Gateway : 125.x.x.1

Local IP : 10.1.10.1 Natted with 125.x.x.24 which is added into crypto traffic so that the remote network communicates by using Public IP over the STS Tunnel.

Sonicwall:

Gateway : 121.x.x.1

Local IP : 192.168.1.1. Natted with 121.x.x.24 that I also added in network config but the communication not working.

Please assist if the communication is possible over Public IP's as I have no problem if I use local IP's.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Hi Adley,

If you are doing one-to-one NAT to translate only the 10.1.10.1 to -->125.X.X.24 and 192.168.1.1 to -->121.x.X.24,  and no the whole subnet, you can do it for both sides, however, if you do PAT translating all the subnet to one IP on both ends, that will be a Port Communication, though how do you know what is the Port number that one host is using at the moment. You are not going to be doing --> show xlate | inc <Internal IP address>.

What I can recommend you if you are doing PAT translation for a whole subnet and not just one host, it's to PAT one side and the other side leave it using the private IP addresses, for the interesting traffic, for example:

Cisco:

access-list VPN permit ip host 125.x.x.24 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

SonicWall:

You have the GUI, and you can define the destination as the IP address --> 125.X.X.24, and your source as the 192.168.1.0/24.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please attach the following output:

- show crypto isakmp sa

- show crypto ipsec sa

- show run crypto map

- show access-list <ACL under the crypto map>

Let me know how it works out!

Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct the helpful Post!

Regards,

David Castro,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card