Views
Helpful
Replies

Suggestion for Network Design

nikalleyne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I work for a financial services institution. We have a LAN at the office. However, at the same time we have agents scattered around the country with either one (1), two (2) or three (3) computers at their location. They dial into our network, and then go to our international office database. The organisation is currently using X25 technology. I would like to know how I can go about upgrading this environment to a Pure IP environment. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nik

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A VPN solution over DSL/Cable over the Internet will be much cheaper in the long run than X25 I would think.

There's a ton of different ways you could do this. I would suggest using a VPN3000 concentrator at the main office, and have your agents use a combination of the software VPN client (when there's only one user) and the VPN3002 hardware client (when there's more than one user). All sites would have Internet connectivity using cheap DSL/cable connections.

Not being a salesman, I would suggest you contact your local Cisco office, they will be more than happy to meet with you and nut out some design considerations and come up with a cost-effective, secure solution.

:-). Thanks a million. I will try and contact CISCO and see what they can suggest.

Once again.

Thanks

Nik

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card