cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslogs thru a Pix

robert.mcclain
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3600 router on one side of a Pix firewall, tring to send the syslog file to a sensor on the other side of the firewall. The sensor is on a network that is unroutable and needs a spoof address on the Pix.

I can see the router logging access list violations but nothing is being sent to the sensor. I have the spoof address as the sensor's data source, I have also tried the actual ip of the router. The Pix is configured to allow the traffic from one to the other.

The router logging is set on, and is logging to the spoof address. The data source of the Sensor is also the spoof address. I am currently runing the latest updates to the sensor and Director. Am I missing something?

1 Reply 1

j-leadford
Level 1
Level 1

You said you have the "PIX configured to allow the traffic from one to the other.", how is this configured? Are you using a static and conduit or an access-list? If your sending your syslog through the PIX you will need a static and conduit entry on the PIX to pass the traffic from the outside interface to the interface that the Sensor is on.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card