cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCP Window Variation id=1307

desaijaimin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We are getting quite a lot of these alerts and I can't find any info. on the internet.  Can anyone shed any light on it..  There are hundreds of these alerts and most of the time the IP adresses are different.  As far as I can see most of the time the attacker ip address has been from inside address range.  Thanks. Regards

evIdsAlert: eventId=1277786506114716833  vendor=Cisco  severity=high 

originator:  

hostId: abcips1 

appName: sensorApp 

appInstanceId: 414 

time: Oct 06, 2011 05:26:59 UTC  offset=0  timeZone=GMT00:00 

signature:   description=TCP Window Variation  id=1307  version=S212  type=anomaly  created=20030801 

subsigId: 0 

sigDetails: TCP Window varied in a suspect way 

marsCategory: Info/Misc 

interfaceGroup: vs0 

vlan: 0 

participants:  

attacker:  

addr: x.x.x.x  locality=OUT 

port: 39825 

target:  

addr: x.x.x.x  locality=OUT 

port: 5667 

riskRatingValue: 100  targetValueRating=medium  attackRelevanceRating=relevant 

threatRatingValue: 100 

interface: ge0_1 

protocol: tcp 

2 Replies 2

mark.barrett
Level 1
Level 1

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewIpsSignature.x?signatureId=1307

You might have some kind of device (proxy or firewall, possibly) that is manipulating the size of the TCP window.

Thanks Mark. We do have an ASA as well as proxy (threat management gateway). I did see link that you posted before I posted my question but its not very clear from the article what can be done to resolve the problem.  It says "incorrectly configured" but in what way? It would have been nice if it gave us the possible solutions?  or what to check?  Thanks. Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card