Views
Helpful
Replies

The effect of turning off and on FPR1120 every day

SangJun Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I'm running a Cisco FPR1120 ASA, is it bad if the constant temperature and humidity aren't maintained, so I'm going to turn off my FPR1120 equipment and then turn it back on in the morning every day?
Please let me know if there are any documents or cases related to the above case.
Also, please let me know what Cisco's recommendations are.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your temperature and humidity are within the specifications of the hardware installation guide, then there's no need to turn it off:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/1100/hw/guide/hw-install-1100/overview.html#id_85166

If you still want to turn it off, then consider a couple of things:

1. Always perform a graceful shutdown from the cli and don't just turn off the power.

2. Take into account that things like VDB updates, Snort rule updates and Geolocation updates may be scheduled for when the unit is off. Adjust those schedules accordingly.

3. Make sure that you have current device backups that are not on the device itself. (This is a good idea whether or not you are turning it off daily.)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your temperature and humidity are within the specifications of the hardware installation guide, then there's no need to turn it off:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/1100/hw/guide/hw-install-1100/overview.html#id_85166

If you still want to turn it off, then consider a couple of things:

1. Always perform a graceful shutdown from the cli and don't just turn off the power.

2. Take into account that things like VDB updates, Snort rule updates and Geolocation updates may be scheduled for when the unit is off. Adjust those schedules accordingly.

3. Make sure that you have current device backups that are not on the device itself. (This is a good idea whether or not you are turning it off daily.)

Hi, Marvin.

Thank you for your reply.

I understood to turn off the power through normal shutdown through CLI.

Does the equipment not work at non-operating temperatures?

Thank You.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The location where the FW is does not have a dehumidifier or an aircon unit?

Hi, 

There are no facilities there.

For me that bad.

Hi,

Thank you for your opinion.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card