cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking Bandwidth

Mike Keenan
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a large company and manage the ASA firewalls (about 15 of them). I am trying to find a practical way to monitor the bandwidth of the firewalls so that we are better prepared when it comes time to create a new context or to upgrade to a new firewall. We do not use tracking software such as Solar Winds. So, I am throwing this question out there to see what the community might suggest as a good solution for tracking bandwidth that doesn't cost a whole lot of money. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you only need simple interface utilization statistics, you can setup an instance of the open source tool Cacti. You need some Linux admin skills but there are a good number of how-to guides out there.

If you want more of a paid and supported experience, many people use (at the entry level) PRTG or What's Up Gold. Both are pretty decent products for what they do.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you only need simple interface utilization statistics, you can setup an instance of the open source tool Cacti. You need some Linux admin skills but there are a good number of how-to guides out there.

If you want more of a paid and supported experience, many people use (at the entry level) PRTG or What's Up Gold. Both are pretty decent products for what they do.

kerryjcox
Level 1
Level 1

Might I also suggest MRTG or PRTG. I have been using the former for years and the latter looks to be promising but with a cost. Nothing like nice green graphs to show bandwidth over time.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card