Helpful
Replies

traffic saturation

fborelli07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

This is my situation:

Recently I've installed an ASA 5505. Simple configuration (almost the basic already set):

Outside interface to the ISP (Windstream) with a 50x50 fiber link (pretty awesome) and the Inside interface with a /24 network.

The problem is that when I check the traffic in monitor section, I see both interfaces stuck in 50mb. I've checked it at any time and still stuck there.

As I'm writing this I can see that traffic now is at 75mb!! I'm attaching a picture.

I don't see any traffic in the logs that could consume that much. Also I've plugged my laptop directly to the ASA and disconnected the rest and keeps that way even when the logs do not show any packet coming through.

Of course I have restarted it many times and initiates stuck at 50mb. Sometimes I could see that traffic is low and keeps increasing slowly (like 1mb per 20min) until sticks at the 50's.

The ASA 5505 version is 13, with IOS 8.2(5), and I'm using ASDM 7.1.

What do you think it could be? BUG??

Layer 8 problem???

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you share the output of "show interface detail" and "show traffic" from the ASA device corresponding to the time when you see the same graph flow ?

Also , you can try to upgrade to the latest ASDM version and see if that fixes the issue ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Can you try to execute show interface also on the port of the switch where the ASA is connected ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card