Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer ASA RA VPN Licence to FTD

We are moving from ASA to FTD...

Can I transfer RA VPN license from ASA to FTD?

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee



Yes you can do that as long  as you have valid smartnet/subscribtion for the license.


You can do it by your self or you can contact TAC to support you.


If you are already using Smart account then you can transfer the license from one device to another. If not using, then convert your classic license to smart account with ASA. Add FTD to account also then move the license. You need to create smart account if not having it yet.


For FTD, it is mandatory to have smart account, have a look on below FAQs for Smart Account


Yes you can. You need to have a smartaccount and then you can do it yourself on licensing portal or send an email to Be prepared to have your sales order as you maybe asked to give it to the TAC.

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers