cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble installing Gig modules - PIX 535

hnieman
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone hads issues installing Gig modules in their 535? I had recently tried to upgrade two ports(slots 0&1)from 100mb to Gig and ran into mutiple problems. First, any change that I made in the PIX or the connected switch would cause me to lose my link on the PIX. This could be cleared by bouncing the port on the switch. Second, when the link was up, pings were intermittent and it didn't appear that I was getting any routing. I had a very small window to make this change, so I needed to roll it back before I could do much in the way of troubleshooting. In case it matters, the switch connected to the PIX is a Nortel 8600.

1 Reply 1

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Well, as far as this forum goes, it's clearly a switch problem ;)

In all seriousness, there probably isn't enough information to go on here. I have swapped out Gig interfaces in a 535 several times with no obvious issues. I would suggest that you have 6.3(x) on your PIX as we had some "issues" in pre 6.3 code figuring out how to perforn Gig negotiation of the link. This could have been part of the issue in the losing your link issue.

Any more info you can provide will help.

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card