Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Twice Nat Anyconnect possible ?

I´m struggeling with the following situation.

We have a Site to Site tunnel between ASA and a Checkpoint.

Our site has a internal 10.0.0.0/24 net and the remote site has 4 different nets configured.

Everything works as expected.

Now we must allow our Anyconnect remote users from net 10.0.2.0/24 to access a server on the remote site, but it`s not possible to add the net 10.0.2.0/24 to the tunnel. So i tried to configure a twice nat for this.

nat (inside,outside) source static NET-10.0.2.0-VPN NET-10.0.2.0-VPN destination static NET-ALL-REMOTESITE 10.0.0.230 no-proxy-arp

The basic idea is to nat the VPN Net 10.0.2.0 to a single IP on the internal LAN, and then go through the VPN tunnel to the server on remote site.

But It dosen`t work and i have no idea if it is possible in general or perhaps i miss something.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You configured a destination-NAT and not Twice-NAT. And based on your problem-description, it should be enough to do a source-NAT (outside,outside) for the RA-network.

But also keep in mind that NAT always makes your config more complex. Perhaps it is easier to change the Remote-Access IP-range to something that can be added to the tunnel?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

You configured a destination-NAT and not Twice-NAT. And based on your problem-description, it should be enough to do a source-NAT (outside,outside) for the RA-network.

But also keep in mind that NAT always makes your config more complex. Perhaps it is easier to change the Remote-Access IP-range to something that can be added to the tunnel?

Karsten many thanks for your advice. This was the easiest solution.

I reconfigured our DHCP for the 2 affected users. They got now an IP from the internal LAN 10.0.0.0/24 and can connect to the remote server.

THX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card