Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Mac addresses from the FTD 2110 MGMT interface

willpkk01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I deployed a new FTD 2110 on our company network and I'm seeing two different mac addresses on the switch port that the MGMT interface is connected to. I know that the one mac address is associated with the actual MGMT interface, but can anyone tell me what the other mac address might be? I've looked at a few Linux commands from "expert" and the standard commands done through the FTD operating system, but not luck. If anyone can point me in the right direction i would great appreciate it! 

6 Replies 6

Show network <- check this in cli of ftd 

MHM

Hello! Thank you for the reply. I used that command to get the main MGMT interface mac, but there's some other either auto generated mac or a different interfaces mac coming through that same interface. 

Can you share both MAC 

MHM

@willpkk01 the Diagnostic and Management interfaces share a physical port, so the second MAC is the diagnostic interface MAC?

So I did a "show interface diagnostic" and its not that interface either. It's so strange. 

I believe it may be there for use when the appliance is running with ASA in platform mode. In that use case, you can separately log into the fxos directly via its configured IP address.

FTD runs in appliance mode and you access fxos via "connect fxos" from the cli (rather than using a direct login via ssh).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card