cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable To Apply 5.3.1.1-37 Update?

ocsic25
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else run into this?  I've got a new FireSIGHT deployment and everything appears to be working fine, but I can't get this update to apply regardless of whether I download from SourceFire or manually try to update from file...

Here's the error in task status:

Installing Sourcefire 3D Defense Center S3 Patch version: 5.3.1.1-37
Local Install
Update Installation Failed : [ 8%] Fatal error: Error running script 000_start/110_DB_integrity_check.sh2015-02-05 17:36:202015-02-05 17:37:09Failed
8 Replies 8

dohurd
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John, if you could send to me or attach the file:  /var/log/sf/Sourcefire_3D_Defense_Center_S3_Patch-5.3.1.1/DBCheck.log  I can have a someone in the Cisco-Sourcefire TAC look at it and they might be able to determine the cause and make a recommendation.

Douglas Hurd

FYI - thanks everyone for the advice this odd one appeared to have resolved itself.  I waited a few days then downloaded the update again/re-applied and it appears to have took this time.

Good News!

Unable to Apply 6.0.0.1-26?

The script is not working. I got this error. Can someone help me on this?

Remote Install – Global
Apply to 10.80.95.11. Update Install failed
Thank You.
vrian

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That definitely requires TAC intervention.

As Doug noted, there are some steps they can take after analysis of the log file. Usually it involves running a script or two as root user in the OS to correct the database error encountered during the upgrade.

Jim H
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having similar issues updating to 5.4.1.2-23 on a new ASA 5506-X.

The specific error in my case is:

Update Installation Failed : [ 7%] Fatal error: Error running script 000_start/110_DB_integrity_check.sh

Any thoughts?

In my case, as the firewall was not yet in production, it was more expedient to uninstall the sfr module and install it again from the base 5.4.1 pkg.  Looking back at the logs, it looks like the problem can be traced to a corrupted rule update file.  The file's hash did not match the one provided by Cisco.

After reinstalling the sfr module, the 5.4.1.2-23 update completed successfully.

svrakdju1
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a script which can fix the issuse. The TAC Case give me the scipt and it worked fine =) 

Have fun =) 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card