cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to import PIX configuration with VMS 2.2

guillerm
Level 1
Level 1

after installing FW MC 1.1.3 (included in VMS 2.2), tried to import an existing PIX configuration, via both ways :

a) directly from the PIX 525 (6.3(1)), via LAN

b) from a local configuration file (file including the 1st following record : PIX Version 6.3(1)

after the initializing phase, the import remains in waiting state for ever, in both cases ;

(for information, a PDM session started from the VMS server Internet Explorer works perfectly;

and a capture trace taken on the PIX at time of import show no IP packet at all coming from the VMS server)

I have collected the different logs files, but they are not very helpful

To try to progress since I cannot find any clue in these log files, I have installed VMS 2.2 Update 1 by following procedures described on the web ;

unfortunatly, the problem remains the same

so, I desperatly need help

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm, not sure about the problem, but I would probably stop trying to get 1.1.3 working and just upgrade to 1.2.2 which has been out for quite a while now.

The documentation for it is here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/mgt_pix/fwmc12/index.htm

And the software is available here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/mgmt-ctr-pix

See how that goes. If it fails try importing a very simple config file, it may be something in your current config that is breaking the import function although it should work fine with any config. Keep in mind some config commands are unsupported by Firewall MC.

to upgrade to VMS 2.2 update 1, as I already did, FW MC 1.2.2 is a prerequisite ;

so, this FW MC 1.2.2 has already been tested, with same problem ;

I have looked at the different log files to find a clue for my problem , but nothing really exciting ;

The complexity of the config. file seems not to have any impact on this problem, since, when trying to import from the PIX, via LAN, no IP datagram is actually sent from VMS to the PIX (this was proved by a capture trace)

so, if you have any exra idea, there would be welcomed ;

thanks in advance

Pb solved by reinstalling VMS 2.2 over a Windows 2000 Server US En (instead of Windows 2000 Server Fr, as done initially)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card