cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to receive print requests using VPN

abdulnahas
Level 1
Level 1

We are having 3 to 4 clients in our branch office. These connect using VPN to the HO. One of the clients acts as a print manager. Whenever a print request comes to the print manager machine the ticket should print. The Print request comes from a third party server. As of now we have to do a manual connect on the print manager program for the ticket to be printed. On the firewall in the HO which is a PIX firewall the necessary ports have been opened, but still we are facing the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

REgards

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Abdul

I am not sure that I fully understand the description of your problem. I believe that you are saying that one of the machines at the branch office acts as a print manager (server/print controller). And you are saying that there are problems in printing when connected to the VPN. I am not clear but I believe that you are saying that multiple machines connect to the VPN. Is each machine running VPN client software or is there a VPN concentrator/router of some sort?

I am also not clear whether the print requests are coming from other clients at the remtoe office or are coming from HO over the VPN?

When the machines are connected to the VPN can the clients ping the server and can the server piing the clients? In the VPN client there is an option to enable access to local LAN resources. I wonder if that option is not selected and this is what is causing the problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

bobbarke
Level 1
Level 1

We have a similar setup with travel ticket printing. What print manager are you using? We do not experience any issuse with ticket printing.

There are 5 remote offices in our environment. HQ and the global ticket agencies (Apollo/Galileo,etc.)

All of our sites route back to HQ. Itinerary printing and ticketing run via the HQ. If you provide more information, maybe I can assist.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card