Views
Helpful
Replies

Update license on HA Firepower

Halfeez92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some procedures or steps to update the new license on my Firepower firewall. I have two firepower which i configured it as an HA. Last time when my superiors tried to updating new license into one of the firewalls, let say the primary one and after rebooting it does not recognize the pair or secondary. What I want to ask is are there any procedures or steps I need to follow upon updating the license? Does I need to upload the license on both appliances before rebooting both?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Licensing does not generally affect High Availability - it is neither a prerequisite nor something that is replicated between members of an HA pair.

Are you running Firepower Threat Defense on your appliance? If so, is it managed via FDM or FMC?

I am using Firepower Chassis Manager currently

Firepower Chassis Manager is used to manage the physical hardware for 4100 and 9300 series (with FTD or ASA) and 2100 series (when running ASA). It is not used for licensing either FTD or ASA.

What image type are you running - ASA or FTD? How are you managing it if it's FTD? (FMC or FDM)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card