Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade ACS 4.2 to 5.3/4

David Draper
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We will be upgrading our ACS appliance from a 1113 running ACS 4.2 to a 3415 running ACS 5.3/4. From what I am reading I will need to build a migration machine. How is this migration machine configured?

Dave Draper

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Migrating from ACS 4.x to 5.4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/migration/guide/Migration_overview_oper.html#wp1017943

ACS 4.x migration machine will be a windows server, where you run the Migration Utility.

NOTE: The Migration Utility does not support Remote Desktop Connection. You must run the Migration Utility on the migration machine or use VNC to connect to the migration machine.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Migrating from ACS 4.x to 5.4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/migration/guide/Migration_overview_oper.html#wp1017943

ACS 4.x migration machine will be a windows server, where you run the Migration Utility.

NOTE: The Migration Utility does not support Remote Desktop Connection. You must run the Migration Utility on the migration machine or use VNC to connect to the migration machine.

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Unsure if it answered your query and helped you in completing the migration process. However, please feel free to let us know in case you have any further queries.

~Jatin

Jatin,

Yes, the 5.4 guide helped.  I will mark it as answered.  Thanks again for you help!

Dave

Happy to know David

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card