cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade SM-44 to SM-48 on Firepower 9300

md9
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning an upgrade to an SM-48 from an SM-44 security module, running FTD 7.0.5. Reading through the documentation, it is not clear if FXOS on the chassis will save the Logical Device configs attached to the current security module slot (slot 2), and install the same configuration onto the new SM-48 module (also going into slot 2), after I run through the decommission step of the SM-44, and the acknowledge step of the SM-48 module after it's been inserted. If not, it sounds like I'll have to recreate the Logical Device from scratch, once the SM-48 has been acknowledged, and possibly reinitialized?  This would mean all interfaces and security zones on the logical FTD in the FMC would need to also be created from scratch?  

Additionally, before getting into the FXOS GUI, it appears the FTD will first need to be deleted from the FMC, and then once the new security module is installed and running FTD code again, it will need to be configured using the "configure manager add *FMC IP* *key*" command from the FTD CLI?

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card