cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded to PIX 7.1(2) and have major VoIP problems

Brian M
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX 515 at a hub site connected via L2L VPN to a small office. I recently had to upgrade the PIX to 7.1(2) so I can use the Hub-Spoke-Client enhancements but ever since the upgrade I have problems at the small office where the IP phones keep saying Call Manager Down, or they simply disconnect and sit at the registering screen. I never lose connectivity to the hub site and the ping response times are around 30 - 50ms. If I reboot the PIX the phones will stay up for about 50 minutes then it starts all over again. When the phones are down I can still transfer large files to the site and other network services are working normally it's only the phones that seem to be having the problem.

If I replace the PIX with one running 6.3 everything works fine.

Don't know if anyone else has run into this but any advice is welcome.

Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

This is in deed a strange behavior. Double check your access-list on the PIX to make sure the required ports are open and also if any "fixup" protocol commands for VoIP traffic. If all is fine, this could be a bug.

Hi all

I have the same problem

did someone solv this

Best Regards

I ended up applying QOS to the PIX (PIX 7 supports voice QOS) and that seems to have fixed the problem. I haven't had any complaints about the phones dropping since then.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card