cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading software on FTC through Firewall Chassis Manager

ABaker94985
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have a pair of FTD 4110's that have been sitting in a closet for 3 years, but we're dusting them off and trying to upgrade the software. I transferred the software and see it as an 'available update,' but the status is 'not-installed' and I don't see an upgrade button or anything similar. Can someone point me to where I actually start the upgrade process? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We don't upgrade via Firepower Chassis Manager. That's primarily for managing the hardware and establishing the logical device (FTD or ASA) as a first instance. You can wipe the logical device image and start fresh (from FCM) with the new FTD 6.6.4 (or latest ASA) if you like.

Inline upgrades are done via the FTD management graphical user interface - FDM if it is managed locally or Firepower Management Center (FMC) server if that is used.

Note FTD requires licenses. If the device has been sitting unused for three years, chances are the license are expired. check your entitlement in your Smart account at software.cisco.com.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We don't upgrade via Firepower Chassis Manager. That's primarily for managing the hardware and establishing the logical device (FTD or ASA) as a first instance. You can wipe the logical device image and start fresh (from FCM) with the new FTD 6.6.4 (or latest ASA) if you like.

Inline upgrades are done via the FTD management graphical user interface - FDM if it is managed locally or Firepower Management Center (FMC) server if that is used.

Note FTD requires licenses. If the device has been sitting unused for three years, chances are the license are expired. check your entitlement in your Smart account at software.cisco.com.

Thank you, sir.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card