Views
Helpful
Replies

URL Filtering License Needing

derar1990
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 5506-X with Firepower services, Do i need the URL license for Whitelisting URLs or it just be needed in case i need to blacklisting (Block) urls?

The purpose for this that i have a network which i just need to permit a specific URLs and block anything else.

3 Replies 3

Dinesh Moudgil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

URL license is required for downloading and using various URL categories within ACP rules.

Without a URL Filtering license, you can specify individual URLs or groups of URLs to allow or block. This gives you granular, custom control over web traffic, but does not allow you to use URL category and reputation data to filter network traffic.

Cisco Network Security Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CiscoNetSec/

Cisco 5506-X is EOL now. here it will tell you which latest version on SFR is support on ASA code. and here 

in order to get the licience you need to get in touch with your cisco partner or cisco represtantive in your location. 5506-X firewalls give you a 90 day trail period one off only to use the feature malware,URL,IPS.

@Dinesh Moudgil is right, Without a URL Filtering license, you can specify individual URLs or groups of URLs to allow or block. This gives you granular, custom control over web traffic, but does not allow you to use URL category and reputation data to filter network traffic.

please do not forget to rate.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card