Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URL Filtering Updates

Last URL Filtering Update: 2019-07-21 23:14:51

As above, we've had no updates since late yesterday, and getting health monitor alerts today for it.

Severity: critical

Module: URL Filtering Monitor

Description: URL Filtering download failure

Have tried a restart, and also a reboot, still got the issue.

Yet I have checked DNS from the CLI, and also done the telnet tests to database.brightcloud.com and service.brightcloud.com, all these come back fine.

Is there anyone else with this issue today?

Is there any other way to check the Brightcloud service?

When I web browse those domain names I get a blank screen for the database one, and the service one doesn't load a page at all. Though I presume they wouldn't anyway.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is fixed as of appx. noon PST today.  The upstream URL Filter systems are available.  Solved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

A restart of the services didn't resolve the issue, but a reboot of the FMC has resolved the Health Monitor alert.
Although, last update is still showing as 2019-07-21 23:14:51
Maybe there just hasn't been an update to the database at Brightcloud since then?
I'll monitor over next couple of days and see if that changes.

I'm seeing this too on FMCv, 6.3.0.3.  It started Sunday 7/21 at 1950 hours PST.  Opened TAC SR.

sfsfsfsfsf.png

image.png

I am also facing the same issue since 07/22/19. 

Confirmed Cisco is aware.

This is fixed as of appx. noon PST today.  The upstream URL Filter systems are available.  Solved.

Thanks, looks to have recovered on my end just after 8pm BST yesterday.
No issues since, so looks to be stable again.
Thanks for your support @UpgradingToPaloAlto

Health Monitor is alerting again, so looks like reboot didn’t fix it after all. Will also be raising with TAC soon I reckon.

I have the same problem with the same alert, URL Filtering download failure

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: