cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Cisco ASDM to change external IP address of 5505

SMS Admin
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ASA 5505 and are changing ISPs so we'll be getting a new static IP address.

How do I change the external IP address using ASDM? (I haven't done it in 5 years so I'm rusty and just want ot make sure.) The ASA and ASDM are up to date.

Am i correct in that I only need to change the external address in the configuration under Interfaces, then under Routing - Static Routes - Gateway IP I just need to enter the new WAN gateway address?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

julomban
Level 3
Level 3

Greg,

You are right, please also take in consideration that you have NAT translation you also need to change those with the new ISP range. Also, VPN tunnels, the end points needs to change the VPN peer IP with the new outside IP (This needs to be change on the end point devices, not on your ASA).

Make sure the ASDM session you have open is not on the outside interface otherwise you will lose access to ASDM, if you are connected via the inside interface you should be fine.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Juan Lombana

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

julomban
Level 3
Level 3

Greg,

You are right, please also take in consideration that you have NAT translation you also need to change those with the new ISP range. Also, VPN tunnels, the end points needs to change the VPN peer IP with the new outside IP (This needs to be change on the end point devices, not on your ASA).

Make sure the ASDM session you have open is not on the outside interface otherwise you will lose access to ASDM, if you are connected via the inside interface you should be fine.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Juan Lombana

Please rate helpful posts.

Thank you Juan.

I suspected as much. I do know I'll need to update the VPN tunnels but I'm not worried about that.

Thanks again,

Greg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card