Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connected but ssh not working

Hello Support,

we had configure Remote access VPN now when we try to connect SSH with this DMZ server from outside its not getting access to internet user can you help me how can we resolved this issue.

7 Replies 7

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

you need to configure split tunnelling.

The  following link gives you details of how to configure split-tunneling

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080702999.shtml

Hope  this helps.

Regards,

Anisha.

P.S.:  Please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved.  Do rate helpful posts.

hello

thanks for replay

here , senario is different so please let me know if have any other option ,because if we try to telnet same server with 80 port than possible while with 22 its not getting connected.

and if you want any further detail let me know.

Hi,

Could you please describe your topology and problem a bit more in detail please.

Regards,

Anisha

hello anisha,

We have one server in DMZ zone and its ubuntu server, and on it one application are running and its using 80 port now we had given this server remotely to update application services so its access to outside by ssh port.

Now we observed that after configuring remote access vpn on ASA 5540 its not getting acess to SSH at outside on internet , while we check on out outside interface its working fine. and on other public ip its not working.

hi,

You mean to say you have natted the ip address of the ubuntu service.

from where are you trying to access this server. i.e. from the RA VPN Client or just a normal PC located on the internet?

Regards,

Anisha

hi anisha,

thanks for update ,

we try to access from local system with ssh port only without RA-VPN.

see this are configuration on firewall :

stattic (dmz,outside) public-ip 192.168.1.61 netmask 255.255.255.255

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any host public-ip eq ssh

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any host public-ip eq 80

Hi,

In my home network, the vpnc show connected but ssh to the remote server never connects. Everything seems fine in the office network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card