cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN site-to-site & Remote connection

HDTTamHaiAn
Level 1
Level 1

If I have 2 sites, both using Cisco877-SEC-K9 connect to Internet via ADSL with static IP. I can setup a VPN site-to-site connection between them via IPSec.

Is it possible for me to allow teleworker to remote connect to those sites (using VPN client)? I must create Easy VPN on each sites or what?

I read on Cisco 870 data-sheet that Cisco870 supports 10 VPN connection. That means 1 site-to-site & 9 remote VPN?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Yes, you can terminate both site-to-site and remote access VPN tunnels on the same router. You can use EASY VPN if you want but you don't have to.

10 VPN tunnels means just that, it is not broken down into x number of site-to-site and x number of remote access. It just means you can have a total of 10 tunnels whichever type they are.

HTH

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Yes, you can terminate both site-to-site and remote access VPN tunnels on the same router. You can use EASY VPN if you want but you don't have to.

10 VPN tunnels means just that, it is not broken down into x number of site-to-site and x number of remote access. It just means you can have a total of 10 tunnels whichever type they are.

HTH

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card