Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel & NAT - 1721 to Linksys router

danhawker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Have a main office (192.168.x.x, Cisco 1721, IOS 12.3) and a branch office (10.250.1.x, Linksys AG041), both connected to the web via ADSL.

Have setup a tunnel between the Cisco 1721 and the Linksys AG041 (I am based in UK if model is unfamiliar). After some playing, have got it to work, well the tunnel anyway. Both ends say the tunnel is up and happy, however I cannot seem to get any traffic to pass along the tunnel.

As I understand from reading various docs and scouring th web, I need to get the Cisco box to stop Natting traffic through the tunnel however am unsure as to how to do this. I tried using the SDM *test VPN* feature which seemed to scramble loads of settings and still not work. It seemed to get confused and send all data down the tunnel, rather than just the traffic meaning to go to 10.250.1.x, or (as is now the case) nothing.

I have attached the relevant areas of the IOS config file (think so, if more required, let me know).

Any help gratefully received, am rather confused and I just seem to be going around and around in circles. As usual, am sure am missing something ridiculously easy :)

Think its probably to do with the order of the nat/acl lists, but am new in the job so am not too clear as to the setup, so don't really want to break anything entirely :)

TIA

Dan

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Make sure you have followed all the steps mentioned in the VPN configuration process

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_configuration_guide_book09186a00803877f0.html

Hi,

Thanks for the message. Strangely my config now seems to work quite happily, which is a result, but equally am unsure as to why it suddenly seems to work fine. However it does, hurrah!!!!

Have looked at the appropriate settings and configs and followed the appropriate instructions. All seems to be fine, guess I had a silly config somewhere.

As I said, thanks again.

Dan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card