Replies

WAF in FW ?

dhikra-marghli8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a very important question

I worked on security projects in Cisco and Fortigate

question : i want to know if FW cisco have WAF : yes or not ? if yes how ?

and also of FW fortigate have WAF ?

i wait a reply from expert security

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

@dhikra-marghli8 

FortiGate can be integrated with FortiWeb to redirect web traffic through FortiWeb for WAF inspection.

As concerned Cisco, there are the Cisco Advanced WAF and the Bot Protection to use in conjonction with a NGFW. Discover the advanced WAF (PDF).

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that i aware Cisco have direct WAF product, it work with conjunction with other integration.

best deployment is, always use Load balancer to protect against these kind of requirement. i have good deployment using Citrix, F5 ..So on.

As mentioned above top vendors deployed across many places, Fortiweb also come in to that area. ( did PoC but most vendors already have Citrix contract to so they go with Citrix Load Balance - Due to Citrix environment - my views)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

@dhikra-marghli8 

FortiGate can be integrated with FortiWeb to redirect web traffic through FortiWeb for WAF inspection.

As concerned Cisco, there are the Cisco Advanced WAF and the Bot Protection to use in conjonction with a NGFW. Discover the advanced WAF (PDF).

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that i aware Cisco have direct WAF product, it work with conjunction with other integration.

best deployment is, always use Load balancer to protect against these kind of requirement. i have good deployment using Citrix, F5 ..So on.

As mentioned above top vendors deployed across many places, Fortiweb also come in to that area. ( did PoC but most vendors already have Citrix contract to so they go with Citrix Load Balance - Due to Citrix environment - my views)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@dhikra-marghli8 

Ideally you have WAF enabled where your SSL decryption happens, so Loadbalancers are usually the place where that decryption, inspection and re-encryption again happens.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

I´ve working on a project that has the same challenge. Customer has a pfSense FW and he wants to replace it for a FW+VPN GW + WAF solution. I didn´t find WAF security capability on Firepower. I just found the Cisco Secure Cloud WAF cloud-based services which is a O&M Radware solution. I´d appreciate if someone could help with more information. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card