Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Security Essentials

alancwright
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We purchased a Cisco ASA5512- 250 VPN Bundle, we want to evaluate Web Security Essentials so have purchased the SSD120 disk and installed into the hot plug slot. I am now struggling to find out what to do next, is there a software package I need to install into the ASDM, there isn't a great deal of information on this topic on the forums. If someone could point me to how the best way to get this running. The firewall is not in production as yet but need to get this installed ASAP.

Thanks In Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

No , this will be completely separate form the ASA device configuration.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You need to install some images on the ASA and upload it to the CX to get started with the PRSM on the box to manage the CX module.

Refer:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asacx/9-1/user/guide/b_User_Guide_for_ASA_CX_and_PRSM_9_1/b_User_Guide_for_ASA_CX_and_PRSM_9_1_appendix_010000.html#task_A86CC3B0B801464A94834D1F27190133

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

HI Vibhor,

Thanks for the quick reply,

Is there any risk of losing my configuration? as I have setup third party certificates, VPN Connection profiles, firewall rules and Cisco Secure Desktop.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

No , this will be completely separate form the ASA device configuration.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Hi Vibhor,

Thanks for the information I now have the CX Module Installed, I had a little issue with the pkg file but using an ftp I overcome this, also connecting the Management 0/0 was something I forgot to do.

Cheers,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card