cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What happens after Cisco ISE - Plus & Apex License Expiry?

rsingh2140
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Members

My ISE Apex and Plus licenses are getting expired tomorrow, however i haven't received the new licenses yet. So i'm curious to know what happens if the licenses get expired? Is there any grace period for renewing the licenses? What difference/issues my network users will face?

Thanks!! Will appreciate your quick response.

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When a Plus or Apex license expires, the Plus-level (profiling, BYOD, etc.) or Apex-level services (posture, third-party MDM, etc.) are no longer available in the Policy menu.

Base licenses are unaffected by Plus or Apex license expiration.

Licenses can be renewed up to 30 days past the license expiration date. After 30 days, the license can't be renewed and a new license order will need to be placed.

As far as impact to users, starting with the 2.2 software version, ISE will enforce licenses when they are out of compliance for 45 consecutive days. A license is out of compliance when (a) term licenses have expired; or (b) more sessions are authorized to establish network sessions or use services than are entitled.

Hello Marvin

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry i forgot to mention the version, its 1.3 that i have. So what happens to versions earlier than 2.2? Do they also have same licenses enforcement?

On user impact, as i understand, the users will not face any difficulty in accessing the network, is that right?

My licenses will be available in 2-3 days, just want to be aware of exposure that i'll have.

Prior to ISE 2.2, the enforcement behavior is as follows:

Cisco ISE generates an alert that the license has expired.

The Plus or Apex service options (profiling, posture, etc.) in the Policy menu will be unavailable

Existing policies will continue to be enforced so end users should see no impact.

For users with and evaluation license only: When the evaluation license expires, it locks out the system completely and defaults to the license import page.

By the way you really ought to consider an upgrade. Your 1.3 is a REALLY old release.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card