cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When performing a Firepower update ,ASA(Lina) its also updated?

Vicente Miño
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to the entire community, sorry if the query is too strange, but the truth is I have not been able to find official documentation that explicitly states, if when updating a Cisco Firepower Theat Defense model 2130, the version within its ASA software (Lina) is also updated along with it?

I understand that this is so, because when taking the official NGFW courses, the same instructor told me that both the FXOS and the ASA version are updated, but as I mentioned, I have not been able to find anything that indicates it in official documentation and the doubt arose because at my work we are currently in the audit process and this query appeared.

The truth is, if you could help me with information or official Cisco documentation that confirms this, it would be very helpful, or even if not, if the ASA version must be updated separately.

Beforehand thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

You will download package from cisco include all

Fpr and fxos

MHM

But does it include the Lina(ASA) version in the package?

This is true, but just wondering if branching diagram or release notes exist for ASA versions like 9.20(1.84) or 9.19(1.202) which are mentioned there. Or we never know which normal version this FTD-specific ASA version is based off and which bugs were fixed there?

Perfect, thank you very much, I was reviewing the data and the versions agree, there is a table in the documentation that indicates the version of Theat Defense, ASA and FXOS, so it is more than enough to show that all 3 are updated with the same package

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card