Views
Helpful
Replies

whitelist violation change from priority 1

evan.chadwick1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 
is it possible to change whitelist violation severity? I believe by default they are priority 1 events. I'd like to test whitelist violations without causing incident tickets which are generated on P1 events.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure if that was a follow-up question?  If you configure a white list via the White List tab under Correlation it's akin to creating a correlation rule.  It doesn't do anything by itself.  To have the White List evaluated against the target hosts and generate correlation events you need to create a correlation policy and add the White List to it, then activate the policy.  So, back to my original answer.  You set the priority in the correlation policy.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

atatistc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You mean a correlation whitelist?  In your correlation policy when you add a rule you select the priority which can be None or 1-5.  This will set the priority of the resulting correlation event.

Configuring a whitelist via the whitelist tab within the correlation section. 

I'm not sure if that was a follow-up question?  If you configure a white list via the White List tab under Correlation it's akin to creating a correlation rule.  It doesn't do anything by itself.  To have the White List evaluated against the target hosts and generate correlation events you need to create a correlation policy and add the White List to it, then activate the policy.  So, back to my original answer.  You set the priority in the correlation policy.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card