cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Who originally created the EICAR Test File?

bharatgautam
Level 1
Level 1

8 Replies 8

Hi Karsten Iwen,

Thanks.. I know it was developed by EICAR and CARO but looks like that's not the correct answer for that question.

I am doing Cisco Umbrella 3.0 hands on workshop and in Secure Web Gateway section... no matter what I enter.. EICAR, CARO, EICAR & CARO, etc. Its not picking it as correct answer.. even if i add the full form of EICAR or CARO

bharatgautam_0-1674604530491.png

Thanks

Bharat

Well, wouldn't be the first time that some online test-software has something wrong ...

andypete
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

briangallagher
Level 1
Level 1

Paul Ducklin is the answer

I was going to make testers work a little for it by at least going to the link I posted...

dovega
Level 1
Level 1

Buenas noches, tengo la misma pregunta , estoy realizando el 2.5 lab y esa pregunta ponga lo que le ponga no te acepta nada 

numgenerator
Level 1
Level 1

@bharatgautam wrote:

The EICAR Test File was created by the European Institute for Computer Antivirus Research (EICAR) in 1996. It was developed as a standardized way to test antivirus software without using real malicious code. The purpose of the EICAR Test File is to check if an antivirus program can detect and respond to potential threats effectively.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card