cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

YouTube URL being blocked when behind FTD

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Working on a pair of 2130s in HA that have the URL filtering license and there is also an SSL Policy in place.  YouTube isn't blocked, but there is 1 particular video that when trying to view it you get the following error:

video error.JPG

The same URL when on a computer not behind the firewall works fine.  Looking at the Connection Events for a user trying to access the video and all you see are Allows so trying to see why they're getting the error.  I tried adding the URL to the URL white-list but that didn't have any impact.  Like-wise, I tried adding this to the decryption bypass in the SSL policy but no change. 

5 Replies 5

Can you do following 

From fmc 

Analysis > advantage > url

Write url and check in which category it 

Share it here 

MHM

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

It is coming up as a Streaming Video.  Looking at the connection log, the traffic looks to have been categorized as low business relevance and high application risk, but it is also allowed based on the log. 

Now check url blacklist are you allow or deny video streaming?

MHM

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I have an explicit entry in the allow list for this url which I added when this came up.  Haven't had any other YouTube videos blocked in the past.

Sorry late reply' some answers need time' did you check if any other video in same category of this video or not?

Do same step I share and check.

Also dis you recently upgrade to Snort3 ?

MHM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card