cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
libxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I am stuck on a EBGP configuration. The scnario consists of two VDC on N7K directly connected with a 10G cable. The configuration is as follow:

1) I created VRF A on VDC A, and allocated  interface ehternet 9/5 as the VRF A member with IP address 192.168.5.60.

2) On VDC B, I no shut ehternet 9/29, and assigne a IP address 192.168.6.61, the ehternet 9/5 and ehternet 9/29 are directly connected.

3) Next I configured the EBGP on VDCA as

==========================================================================

interface loopback0

ip address 192.168.4.10/24

router bgp 100

router-id 192.168.4.10

address-family ipv4 unicast

redistribute direct route-map permitall

redistribute static route-map permitall

neighbor 192.168.5.61 remote-as 200

vrf B

network 192.168.2.0/24

redistribute direct route-map permitall

redistribute static route-map permitall

neighbor 192.168.5.61 remote-as 200

4)and EBGP configuration on VDC B is

interface loopback0

ip address 192.168.6.10/24

router bgp 200

router-id 192.168.6.10

network 192.168.5.0/24

neighbor 192.168.5.60 remote-as 100

But now the EBGP neighbor relationship is not established, on VDC A,I got debug message like:

Single hop EBGP peer 192.168.5.61 not directly attached (active), outbound interface Unknown

Since I didn't use loopback as the peer address, this message seems very weired to me, on the other side, on the VDC B, it showed the BGP instance is trying to establish a peer connection with VDC A, but the timer will expire.

I pinged from the VRF A on VDC A to VDC B, and vise versa, both direction will work.

Really appreciate if  anyone point me out which part I am mission. thanks!

Comments
Lee Smitherman
Level 1
Level 1

Not had a chance to study this in detail, however have you run the Neighbor xyz activate command in the VRF, its a common mistake i always used to make.

libxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, there is no activate command on the NX-OS, but somehow I think you hit the point, I just re-type the "address-family ipv4 unicast" command under the vrf, the EBGP peer automatically established....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card