I was playing around with SNMP one day and decided to find out if I could create a MS-DOS batch job using only a single batch file and a free SNMP command line tool from the Internets. Here's what I came up with. To get this to work you need the following:
1. Create a directory (ie, C:\BATCH\FINDMAC)
2. Place FINDMAC.CMD into directory from step #1 (save attachment as FINDMAC.CMD)
3. Create a file in directory from step #1 called sitelist.txt. This file should be a simple text file, comma-delimited, with two items per record. Neither item can have spaces. Item 1 should be a friendly name to identify a site or a distribution layer device. It's just something that you can easily remember. Item 2 is a FQDN or IP address of a seed device (typically, this would be a distribution switch on which one or more layer 3 neworks terminate).
4. Download SNMP command line tools from net-snmp.org and install into the path (or modify the script to point to the correct location for the SNMPGET and SNMPWALK programs)
5. Open a DOS window, navigate to the directory from step #2 and type "findmac.cmd <sitename> <macaddress>" where <sitename> matches a site from sitelist.txt and <macaddress> is a mac address in the format xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx
This process works great for me on a Windows 7 workstation. I can quickly locate the access port for any MAC address at our HQ or any of our branch locations. Our environment has 7Ks, 5Ks, 6500s, 3750s, and 3550s.
Hello, am looking to configure the Cellular profile on a Cisco 897 router via EEM though i need "enter" equivalent command to put in the script below. event timer countdown time 30action 1.0 cli command "enable"action 1.1 cli command "config t"...
Hi,I want to migrate my mikrotik to ISR4321, I stuck on this mikrotik NAT command:/ip firewall address-listadd address=184.108.40.206/24 list=src-255.254add address=10.0.255.0/24 list=src-255.254add address=192.168.155.0/24 list=src-255.254/ip firewall ...
I have a L2 switch( let say Switch A ) and it's connected to another switch ( Switch B )when I do show cdp neiboor from switch B it showing me the switch name which is SwitchA + another wordThe qouestion is : I need to know why there is another word apper...