Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
zeroho0815
Community Member

I have the below diagram in mind for a dual Nexus core settings. Please kindly correct me if I've understood or connected anything wrongly.  While preparing the diagram, I have the following questions:

Q1) Do PC3-To-PC2's packets load balanced / go through both the N7K A and N7K B with 20G bandwidth; as layer 2 traffic can be balanced through the port channel [Yellow path]?

Q2) Do PC3-To-PC1's packets go through the N7K A only with 10G bandwidth; as layer 3 traffic go through the active HSRP router only [Pink path] unless a MHSRP design is applied, reference here?

Q3) Do PC1-To-Internet packets go through the N7K A only with 10G bandwidth; as layer 3 traffic go through the active HSRP router only [Blue path]?

Q4) If N7K A goes down, is all Internet traffic affected? For example, 1) N7K A goes down, 2) Trigger ASA 1 failover and ASA 2 becomes active, 3) N7K B become active HSRP and 4) traffic goes through the red path?

Q5) Is STP still not necessary in the design?

Q6) will Asymmetric Routing with Unicast Flooding exist?

Q7) The network is totally a new one, which mode should both ASA 5520 (w/ IPS) run with? Route or Transparent? How they compare to each other? By the way, I don't need VPN on the ASA but I need NAT for in/outbound traffics.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Zero

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: