Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
rychaney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Recently, I noticed that my home internet performance was patchy so I decided to investigate further. To observe how my ADSL sync rate performs over time, I created an EEM script to monitor it and log when it falls below a certain rate. Now that I've got this working, I'd like to share this with the Cisco community in case anyone else finds this useful.

I'm using a Cisco 877 with 15.1M(6) IOS.

Generally, I get a sync rate around 8Mbps which I can verify via 'show dsl int atm0'. I wanted to check this every 30 mins and when it fell below 4Mbps to generate a syslog.

My configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snmp-server community public RO

!

event manager applet ADSL_SPEED

event snmp oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.94.1.1.2.1.8.11 get-type exact entry-op lt entry-val "4000000" poll-interval 1800

action 1.0 syslog priority notifications msg "ADSL sync speed has fallen below 4Mbps"

exit

exit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SYSLOG output looks like this:

router#show log | in EM

Jul  4 15:22:31: %HA_EM-5-LOG: ADSL_SPEED: ADSL sync speed has fallen below 4Mbps

router#

I hope people out there find this useful :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: