Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jamie Hancock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I will try my best to describe our issue.

We have two sites, A and B. We have recently created a backup data center for our virtual servers using vRanger and NetVault on site B. In a disaster scenario such as, we lost our primary Site A, we would like the ability to turn on the backed up servers that reside in Site B and have them just work.

The problem with this scenario is when the servers turn on they will have the default gateway of the router in Site A and thus won't work. Yes, we can go in and manually change it but it's a step that we would like to negate.

The options that I have come up with is using VRRP and point the servers to a virtual IP. Or we could define the VLAN that the servers use on Site A on Site B but shut the VLAN down and only bring it up when needed.

I hope this make sense. Please, if you need any further information to help me with this, just ask.

Kind regards,

Jamie.

Comments
Jamie Hancock
Level 1
Level 1

Bump

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: