Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Level 1
Level 1

we encounter a question,pls thank for your assistant!

dual 93180 with vPC,they portchannel to huawei switch,globally enable bpduguard default on 93180,and configured edge port。

we found out that all of ports within portchannel changed down(channel errdisable)with huawei sent bpdu to one of cisco port。

why all of port of portchannel would be down,although only one of them received bpdu from huawei?is vPC sync mechanism ? because i think it should be down only one。

thanks a lot for your helps!

Comments
balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how is your vPC config , how is your config looks the ports connected to other switches ?

can you post below information ;

show vpc

show run 

Yes that must happened, 
the Huawei SW send BPDU and BPDUguard detect receive the BPDU and err-disable the port.

Level 1
Level 1

@MHM Cisco World 

thanks for reply。

as i know,change to errdisable state if edge port receive bpdu when enable bpduguard。

e.g. within this topology,

93180 e1 - hw e1

93180 e2 - hw e2

and portchannel cover 93180 e1&e2 using lacp active

if hw e1 send bpdu to 93180e1 abnormally,and 93180 e1&e2 config “spanning port type edge trunk” and enable bpduguard default,93180 e1 would be errdisable for “channel errdisable”

in my question,why 93180 e2 also was shown by D with “show portchannel summury” ? i wanna to know whether there is any vpc sync mechanism within its vPC member? if yes,could you provide any link about this behavior between vPC & BPDUguard errdisable logging “Channel error disable”,thanks a lot.

Level 1
Level 1

@balaji.bandi 

thanks a lot for your assistant. i will reply for config soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: