cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Centos NSO process

spudukko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NSO process spawning on Centos takes a lot of time and the process of detecting how the startup coming along is difficult.  Is there a way to understand nso process on centos.

1) Ports binding to be freed

2) Also the error status have to monitored from system journal

even after doing a systemctl daemon-reload

For example see the error below

Restarting ncs (via systemctl):  Job for ncs.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status ncs.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you setting up a production NSO system? If not, I would strongly recommend making a "local install" instead.

Does your installation work, just slowly, or do you never get NSO up and running in your environment?

Do you have a lot of data in your database? If not, NSO should start in a few seconds.

Ports used by NSO are configured in the ncs.conf file. Try man ncs.conf to see what's available.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you setting up a production NSO system? If not, I would strongly recommend making a "local install" instead.

Does your installation work, just slowly, or do you never get NSO up and running in your environment?

Do you have a lot of data in your database? If not, NSO should start in a few seconds.

Ports used by NSO are configured in the ncs.conf file. Try man ncs.conf to see what's available.

Are you setting up a production NSO system?

I am testing on a system install and ncs starting process is fine with ubuntu but with centos i am unable to consistently understand nso vm is started or not as  it fails and asks to check system journal.

It is after calling /etc/init.d/ncs restart the service fails after sometime and asks to contact system journal.

so the ncs start process in ubuntu  is fine but with  centos i have issues .

I am using centos, I am not facing the same issue. Can you please provide the following command outputs to check about it.

systemctl status ncs.service 
journalctl -xe