Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Cisco NSO and ESC with Openstack

satish.verma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team

I am new to NSO/ESC. Trying to use NSO and ESC using netconf. So done the following:

1. Downloaded free NSO qcow2 and installed as VM. It is working.

2. Want to use it with ESC for network deployment on Openstack for demo purpose to our customer.

Not sure if NSO and ESC are available free for non-commercial purpose?

Do i need to create a separate ESC installation to use it with NSO?

Rgds

3 Replies 3

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NSO is free for non-production for a limited time. Details in click-through agreement.

I don't believe there is any free download for ESC.

Most people would use NSO+ESC so that NSO tells ESC what other VMs to spin up. I'm not sure if that was the use case you envisioned.

satish.verma
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Jan for the reply.

I have couple of questions more:

1. Can i use NSO only to deploy VMs on Openstack? I mean can, NSO interact with Openstack without ESC to deploy VNF/NS using VNFDs/NSDs?

2. If Yes, How to upload VNFDs/NSDs on NSO and How NSO can intact with VIM (openstack/VMware) directly without ESC?

My use case is:

My application works as OSS and will call REST/NETCONF APIs of NSO/ESC to deploy VMs/NS on openstack. The images of VMs will be ready in openstack image repository. but to do the deployment, NSDs and VNFDs should be available in NSO repository. Pls help.

Rgds

arvindks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dear,

ESC is NOT free for download. 

Please contact Cisco ESC Product team and they should help. If you are internal to Cisco, you can ping me.

Thank you,

Arvind Sharma.