cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Licenses

Mohamed Sh
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently in the process of upgrading the Cisco devices in my network for specific purposes. I have found the appropriate migration path on your website, but I am unsure about which license will provide all the necessary features for the desired product. Could you please guide me on how to determine the license that enables all the required features?

Thank you for your assistance.

1 Reply 1

doss270423
Level 1
Level 1

The following steps will help you determine which license is right for you:

1. Identify the features that you need:

The first step is to identify the specific features that you need for your Cisco devices. This includes features such as routing, switching, security, and wireless. Once you have identified the features that you need, you can start to narrow down your choices.

2.Review the different license options:

Cisco offers a variety of license options, including perpetual licenses, subscription licenses, and term licenses. Perpetual licenses are one-time purchases that give you the right to use the software indefinitely. Subscription licenses are recurring payments that give you access to the software for a specific period of time. Term licenses are a hybrid of perpetual and subscription licenses, and they give you the right to use the software for a specific period of time, but you can renew the license at the end of the term.

3. Compare the different license options:

Once you have identified the features that you need and reviewed the different license options, you can start to compare the different options. This includes comparing the cost of the licenses, the features that are included, and the terms of the licenses.

4. Choose the right license for you:

Once you have compared the different license options, you can choose the right license for you. This will depend on your specific needs and budget. If you are still unsure about which license is right for you, you can contact a Cisco sales representative for assistance.