cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a Simple Network Using Packet Tracer - Cannot Add Second Cable

will.dessalines
Level 1
Level 1

So Im following the pdf "2.1.1.5 Packet Tracer - Create a Simple Network Using Packet Tracer". So on page 8 of the pdf where for the internet cloud im suppose to choose for the second drop down for the cable ethernet. For some reason i dont get the option to choose a ethernet. Im able to choose coaxial 7 but noting on the second drop down for cable. Im I doing something wrong Im following article step by step idk what im missing to make this step available. So im currently stuck on what to do next. Any tips would help thank you.

cisco network.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

We had similar issues; by default DSL is selected in the cloud automatically. So, there are no open ports left for Cable option. 

Open Cloud and Go to Ethernet 6 Port on left side; change DSL to Cable (just click on Cable); Now go back to Cable settings and you should be able to select (link) Coaxial 7 to Ethernet 6.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin L
VIP
VIP

We had similar issues; by default DSL is selected in the cloud automatically. So, there are no open ports left for Cable option. 

Open Cloud and Go to Ethernet 6 Port on left side; change DSL to Cable (just click on Cable); Now go back to Cable settings and you should be able to select (link) Coaxial 7 to Ethernet 6.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thank you this was driving me nuts been trying for hours trying to figure this out