Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP selection help

ChipDoll
Level 1
Level 1

Greets, 

Just a quick question. My network requirements changed, I have a 9300 series switch (C9300-NM-8X) and I wanted to get the appropriate multi-mode sfp for 10g connections , for the trunk...

Any help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SFP-10G-SR is works for you - compare the price with S is different if you can able to buy SR is good.

the difference is different like below :

The main difference between SFP-10G-SR and SFP-10G-SR-S is the different features. According to Cisco, S-class optics is an inexpensive option designed for enterprise and data center 10G and 40G applications. The S class is suitable for the below environment: in non-temperature controlled environments, e.g. rugged/ industrial (RGD), Optics plugged on platforms that require extended operating temperature range (EXT), TAA compliance.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S module (S-Class)   << this one able to give you what you looking for.

you can look more options below :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/data_sheet_c78-455693.html

BB

Thanks!

I found the sfp-10G-SR, but no "S" designation. (sorry, base networking knowledge)

I did find a sfp-10g-sr-s-bn

Will that work?

SFP-10G-SR is works for you - compare the price with S is different if you can able to buy SR is good.

the difference is different like below :

The main difference between SFP-10G-SR and SFP-10G-SR-S is the different features. According to Cisco, S-class optics is an inexpensive option designed for enterprise and data center 10G and 40G applications. The S class is suitable for the below environment: in non-temperature controlled environments, e.g. rugged/ industrial (RGD), Optics plugged on platforms that require extended operating temperature range (EXT), TAA compliance.

BB

Awesome!

Thank you Sir...