Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Repair service manuals for C3850 Switch

Doe anyone know where service manuals for C3850 type switches can be found?  I need a manual with schematics and enough data to allow in-house repair and testing of these switches.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@BillTurbyfield21443 wrote:
Our customer requested that we check into the feasibility of us repairing all these different components in-house. 

Read the Release Notes for the 3850 and pay close attention to the Warranty section.

Please take that to the Customer and determine what their comments/opinions/violent reactions are.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
The switch is covered under Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty. This means you don't need to have a valid Service Contract. All you require is a proof (like a purchase order) that you are the owner of the switch.

We maintain network configuration control for a customer, who uses several different configurations. In these configurations are C3850 type switches, along with power supplies and modules. Our customer requested that we check into the feasibility of us repairing all these different components in-house. At present, I'm not sure why they want this capability.

i do not believe you can repair any of the component, other than PSU, which (i believe waste of time) you get cheaper available outside, (unlike old Days too expensive)

have a contract with cisco smartnet, cisco will replace free of cost failed one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@BillTurbyfield21443 wrote:
Our customer requested that we check into the feasibility of us repairing all these different components in-house. 

Read the Release Notes for the 3850 and pay close attention to the Warranty section.

Please take that to the Customer and determine what their comments/opinions/violent reactions are.