cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

93180YC-FX3 10G-SR-S port status issue

SeriousFox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm having trouble getting SFP-10G-SR-S to work with 93180YC-FX3 switch.

Current physical connection:

93180YC-FX3, SFP-10G-SR-S ===== om4 cable ===== 93180YC-FX3, SFP-10G-SR-S 

When I insert the transceiver, it is recognised by the switch perfectly, and port status comes up green as expected.

But the problem is it takes up to 60 seconds (sometimes more) to come up. 

The port itself is in 'Not Connected' status as if the cable is not connected at all, then it turns green after some time.

I've tried to change to transceiver itself (same model, different manufacturer) and the symptoms improved, from 30~60 seconds to less than 10 seconds.

When I use 1G transceiver(GLC-SX-MMD), it works perfectly fine. The port comes up instantly.

25G(SFP-25G-SR-S) however, up to 5 seconds.

I'm currently running NX-OS 10.1 (came factory default). Should I try to downgrade the software?

Or am I missing something completely? Please help

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Could you have a test with 10.1.(1) ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello, I already tested 10.1.1 and 9.3.7 with no good result. Seems like a bug because 1g sfp works just fine. 
I’ve contacted tac for this matter and waiting for their answer. 

- Ok . you may also want to have a look at FPGA/EPLD versions and compare to : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/dcn/nx-os/nexus9000/102x/epld/nxos-n9k-epld-1021.html although at first glance I can't find anything related to your issue.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card