cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001 SFP issue

RobMikeDavid
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on putting a loaner ASR 1001 into my infrastructure to replace my 7206 VXR.  Currently my uplink to my ISP is fiber and runs into an GBIC SX MM transceiver.  No issue with connectivity.  When i change the fiber patch over to LC I connect it to the ASR 1001 GBIC and I get no link.  Tried changed negotiation auto to no negotiation auto not affect. I then took the fiber and connected to a gbic I have in a 3560 switch link comes right up. At this point I am a bit stumped. Tried moving the configuration to a different interface on the ASR no luck. Totally confused.

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What model transceiver are you using on the ASR? I didn't tink they took GBICs - ony SFPs. I think the one you would need is an SFP (the GLC-SX-MMD or GLC-SX-MM without DOM). That's what's compatible on an ASR 1001 for 1 Gbps MM fiber per the compatibility matrix.

Is the ASR recognizing the transceiver? (show int ___)

Sorry my mistake.  the ASR is using SFP's.  Been a lot of sleepless nights over this.  We have the GLC-SX-MMD in the router. 

Yes it does see the SFP on the sh int.

OK, since you have the DOM-capable transceiver you should be able to check light levels. The commands for checking on an ASR are a bit tricky - see my old post here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3672477#3672477

What do they show?

Can you share the current running config for the interface at each end? I have seen some case where I've had to set speed manually to 1000 - yes, even using a fixed speed SFP.