Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SFP-10G-SR support on 2960 switch uplink port

Hello I have two cisco 2960 and uplink cable between switches in multimode fibre cable with 10 meters of distance. Now i want to buy a SFP for this switches. Currently i have Cisco SFP-10G-SR which supports 10G speed. What i know is Cisco 2960 supports 1G uplink speed. So is this SFP compatible and can work in this switch with 1G speed. If this sfp cannot be used then which sfp i can use?

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Normally SFP's have fixed speed . use this app to find compatible SFP's :
                  https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

So Fixed speed SFP-10G-SR  supports 10G and cisco 2960 support 1G uplink speed .Means the sfp is not backward compatible to 1 G speed and i cannot use it

Hello!

SFP+ ports are designed to be backward compatible with SFP modules, allowing for interoperability in many cases. However, it's important to clarify that a 10G SFP+ transceiver cannot directly operate at a 1G switch.

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the exact model of the 2960 switch? 

Only selected 2960S/X/XR model can support SFP+.  

2960S/X/XR with a "D" in the model number/SKU means it can support SFP+.

Switches are WS-C2960+48PST-L with 48 x 10/100 PoE Ethernet ports, 2 x 1000BT and 2 x SFP uplink interfaces. Cable is multimode fibre and distance is 10 Meter...Can anyone suggest the required SFPs to buy and also i have SFP-10G-SR available with me now ,can i use this ?

A plain 2960, like the 2960+, will not support SFP+.

Like i said before, only selected 2960S/X/XR model can support SFP+.